Monday, December 27, 2004

Farewell 2004!

Finally, after ten months working like a slave, I have a whole week of leave from work. So I decided to catch up with the cleaning of my two rooms. The aim is to fare well 2004 and start the 2005 living in a decent milieu!

Honestly, I can’t believe what an extremely difficult task this turned out to be! However, I enjoyed finding things that had unexplainably wondered off and disappeared for the past few months. Cleaning up can be quite a safe but sometimes chilly way of recalling the past … forcing open crammed drawers and boxes. As usual, some things fell out from the back that I had forgotten they even existed. Amongst many other things I found a dummy a friend of mine had given me on my 18th birthday; a cd containing all my university assignments … and last but not least a set of diaries that go back to 2001! It was quite scary opening them and giving a quick glimpse at the contents!

Oh well! A new year is unfolding … I do not wish to look back at 2004 and previous years and recall the good and the bad things etc. I’d rather just look forward … I am still thinking of a New Year resolution. When I was young I remember I read a story of a certain Mr Twiddle, who was a forgetful person. He wrote his New Year resolution on a piece of paper and forgot where he put it. I think finally it was his wife who found it for him. The resolution was that he would try not to be forgetful. Interesting! … That shows that it is useless making resolutions that you are not 100% sure that you will manage to keep ... otherwise you keep passing them on to the next year! So even this year … no resolutions! :)

I wish everyone a Happy New Year, hoping it will be a prosperous one filled with happy moments and lots of love, success, red wine and giggles!

Another fresh New Year is here …
Another year to live!
To banish worry, doubt and fear,
To love and laugh and give!

This bright New Year is given to me
To live each day with zest,
To daily grow and try to be
My highest and my best!

I have the opportunity
Once more to right some wrongs,
To pray for peace, to plant a tree
And sing more joyful songs!


By William Arthur Ward

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home