Friday, January 28, 2005

Sandwiches to eat and dream about

This week I heard one of the strangest things (or maybe I should say the craziest!) I ever heard. While stuck in traffic last Wednesday, I was tuned on a local radio that gives the meaning of a dream every day at 08:30. It said that if you dream you are preparing a sandwich for someone and you go out with this sandwich to give it to him or her, it means that you might be going to get involved in an intimate relationship that will prove to be very difficult so you better watch out.

Crazy! Why a sandwich and not any other digestible thing? I wonder … how could dreaming of a sandwich be a sign of an intimate relationship? I don’t see any link but anyway … maybe it was still too early in the morning to digest well this meaning with a creative mind! If I had to dream of a sandwich I would probably dream that I am gobbling it up :) and what does that mean?

I found online an explanation of the sandwich dream which in a way can be linked to the explanation given on radio … however it still leaves me perplexed!


To see a sandwich in your dream, suggests that a lot of pressure and stress is being put on you. It also reflects your ability to do two things at once. However, sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich. To see or eat a fish sandwich in your dream indicates conflict between your spiritual beliefs and what is practical.”
Taken from http://www.dreammoods.com/

This “explanation” of the sandwich-dream induced me to look up the history of sandwiches to see who was the first champion who made a sandwich! I found out that the first recorded sandwich was in the 1st Century B.C. by the famous rabbi, Hillel the Elder. He started the Passover custom of sandwiching a mixture of chopped nuts, apples, spices, and wine between two matzohs to eat with bitter herbs. Interesting “formula” for a great sandwich!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home